Nick "Biggie" Grimaldi is a co-founder of Good Fight Entertainment who manage bands including Between The Buried And Me, Circa Survive, Knocked Loose, Turnstile and blessthefall among many others.
Topics discussed on the podcast:
- How he got into the scene via the Orange County hardcore scene (Eighteen Visions, Throwdown, etc)
- What a manager does for a band and when it makes sense for your band to look for a manager
- What has enabled ETID, Between The Buried And Me and Circa Survive to have such long careers
- Why Turnstile and Knocked Loose blew up so fast, and what you can learn from them
- A lot of common misperceptions about contracts, labels and other stuff that comes up all the time in the comments
Check out Good Fight Management.
Sponsored by: Klaviyo
Follow The Punk Rock MBA on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Follow Finn McKenty on Instagram.
Check out Finn's social media coaching program.
Sign up for the PRMBA Newsletter.
Produced and edited by Deanna Chapman.
Support The Punk Rock MBA on Patreon
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
A few of my favorite episodes
Shayne Smith is a comedian who is considered a bit of an outsider within the industry. In this episode, he discusses his business model, streaming on Twitch, how TikTok is doing so well, and much more. Follow Shayne Smith on …
Finn Mckenty chats with Matt Halpern about running a company, dealing with COVID, and more. If you want to know what it's like to run a business and be in a successful band, be ready to take notes! Follow Matt …
Finn Mckenty chats with Anthony Fantano about running a successful YouTube channel, how new creators should approach their content, and more. If you've ever wanted to create content, get ready to take notes! Check out Anthony...
Finn sits down to talk to Allison Hagendorf about her journey to Spotify, the state of rock music, and more. She hosts her own podcast, Rock This, and has a vast knowledge of rock music as a whole. Listen to …
Finn talks to Sara Dietschy about her YouTube channel, how she monetizes her content, and more. If you've ever been interested in creating content for a living, you'll want to takes notes. Check out Sara Dietschy on YouTube ....